Friday, October 30, 2009

Always Too Soon To Quit

It’s always too soon to quit! Ever have one of those times in your life when you can’t decide whether to push on or just quit? Well I have! Unfortunately I have done both! When I was a young man I dreamed every day of being a professional tennis player. Literally every day I would work on some component of my game. People told me I was too slow, or too late or not good enough but I knew different. I practiced with the best players I could find every day. They would beat me 6-0 6-0 on a daily basis but I just kept working. I would condition when they were sleeping and I work harder when we were side by side. Everything in my life was about this dream. I was in better shape than anybody I ever played against and I knew that if a match went into 3 or 5 sets I would win because I had put in the hours to prepare for those situations. My senior year I went undefeated and had the opportunity to earn my USPTA (United States Professional Tennis Association) certification. I was the kind of kid that always came off the court bleeding somewhere because I was willing to dive for anything and everything. It was amazing the balls I could get to when I threw my body and heart around. I was all heart with a little bit of talent. The unfortunate reality was that I had not trained my mind as well as I had trained my body. One day I lost in the finals of a regional event and completely lost my mind! I jumped in my car drove wildly out of the parking lot and a few moments later crashed horribly into another car. The accident was bad but the injuries to my body were minimal compared the scars on my mind. I never played again and often times I think back at what I could have done differently. I gave up on a dream that I had carried all my life.
I know now that God had a different plan for me so I am grateful for how things have worked out but I have never forgotten the feeling of quitting and the ache in my soul that it left for years. It was the emotional drama of the whole mess that broke my spirit and killed my dream. It was my choice, but I made that choice from an undeveloped mind.
Well here I find myself 20 years later, a multi millionaire and living my dream of financial independence, until a few months ago when my world got turned upside down. While I am not quite ready to talk about these events I find myself having to decide to continue pursuing my dream or folding up the tent and moving on. It is like a flashback to the car accident and all the rush of emotions that twisted my mind. The advantage I have today is that I have read hundreds of books, been to hundreds of seminars and developed my mind to a point where I feel like I have been prepared my whole life for this moment in time. I am strong, My God loves me, I have an awesome family and I know God has a plan for me and will use this time to make me stronger. It is the valley and I know He is here!
I know many of you out there either have or are experiencing difficult times right now and I believe that you are also searching for some answers. Don’t quit! There is a message in our mess and a testimony in our tests. I have been through the darkest days of my life and I know that there is a light coming through and its Gods promise. Join me and cast a new dream. I am ready to run or at least jog again and I want you to come with me. I know it hurts, it hurts in my soul too but we are all together, and with God for us who can stand against us. I am so excited about re-launching and finding that inner strength to serve again. Some will judge, some will doubt, some will watch and some of you will run!!. The only way the enemy wins is if we stay down and have no story that could inspire others to also get up.
It is always too early to quit! What do you dream about? The question is not can you dream, but do you have the courage to act on it one more time?? When we begin to dream people will always emerge to try and steal it. Usually this resistance happens from people who have never really had a dream before but sometimes it comes from people who are very close to you. For some unknown reason they feel you should suffer longer or hang your head for an allotted time. Or maybe they will try to constantly remind you of your mess. Well I say don’t listen to them but listen to God. He wants us to get up and be used! He needs our testimony a lot more than he needs our depressed or defeated spirits. God is the giver of dreams and the mender of broken ones. Pleas join me in transcending above the walls of doubt, pitty, envy, jealousy, fear or any other internal or external force that wants to keep you down. Is there a dream in your heart? Has life buried it? Have others told you its too late or you can’t or shouldn’t? Don’t believe it!! Pursue your dream no matter how far fetched it might seem to others. Be careful of the dream assassins or the pharisees of today that want to keep you down.
You are worthy, you are able and capable, now just be willing. Learn from the past, be humble but passionate and go claim your destiny. I am with you all the way and if you want some help just let me know and I will do whatever I can!!!!

God bless you my friends I am SOOOOO grateful for YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment